University of South Carolina
BA in Graphic Design
SYNNEX Corporation - (Greenville, SC)
My responsibilities run the gamut, from complex print design, such as catalogs, magazine ads and print pieces, comprehensive branding logo and identity design systems, complete online solutions for company divisions and programs, digital signage, to event materials and the creation,printing and installation of full scale wide format projects, including vendor booths and yearly conference graphics. While at SYNNEX, our team created the SYNNEX National Conference 2008 Program Guide,for which the department received an "American In-House Design Award" from Graphic Design USA. I also was awarded a Silver Addy award from the Greenville chapter for an HP Green Kit,created as an in-house reference kit for environmentally friendly printing practices in offices through HP products.
- Creating, scheduling and sending HTML email communications (average of 20 a week) sent out from the department on behalf of clients such as HP, Intel, Panasonic, Samsung, Microsoft, etc.
- Designing collateral, direct mail, flyers, signage and other print materials for the company, as well as for over 100 different vendors (HP, NEC, ViewSonic, etc.) and corporate sales programs.
- Communication schedules with marketing specialists, so they have visibility to their upcoming projects.
- Printing,finishing and production of all internal and event signage.
- Creating HTML web banners for the company website as well as external publications.
- Meet with clients at project inception to develop goals and concepts for their projects.
- Apply knowledge of typography, design, electronic pre-press,print production and publishing hardware/software
- Collaborate with Marketing and Creative Services departments to ensure adherence to corporate look-and-feel,and to company technical standards
- Work closely with Client and Project Team to assess creative needs and make design recommendations based on project objectives
- Conceptualize, guide, and explain creative goals and their relationship to the design
- Develop and present creative strategy to clients
- Produce creative work that pushes the boundaries of great design while maintaining the creative integrity of the corporate brand and sub-brands
- Responsible for developing and executing creative concepts from conception to delivery
- Keep current with design and communication trends, technology and best practices
- Manage the timeline and critical dates on assigned projects with internal customers, freelance designers and third-party providers
April 2005 - Present
Infinity Marketing - (Greenville, SC)
Senior Graphic Designer
- Responsible for all print and collateral advertising for companies such as Cebridge Connections,
- Patio Living and Spas, Taylors Windows, D&D Ford, Coastal Carolina Kia and Crane Chevrolet.
- Conceptualized and created many newspaper ads, logo designs, direct mail pieces, free-standing inserts, yellow page ads and other collateral material.
- Created spec materials for client meetings and new client pitches.
- Creation of web banners and HTML emails. Also maintained company hosted web sites.
- Responsible for getting printing quotes and overseeing print production to ensure the quality of the printed piece (bleeds, registration, color, etc.)
February 2004 - April 2005
Putman Travel - (Greenville, SC)
- Creation of weekly travel ads for the Greenville News and weekly fax blasts to customers.
- Conceptualized all outside co-op and promotional materials.
- Coordination of all co-op accounts and monthly billing.
January 2003 - January 2004
Erwin Penland - (Greenville, SC)
- Assistant to the traffic manager for the Wachovia account.
- Catalog layout for the Universal accounts tire pricing guide.
November 2002 - January 2003
Chernoff Silver and Associates - (Columbia, SC)
- Creation of logos, brochures and other forms of print and collateral material for companies such as MNI and Time Warner Cable.
- Putting together presentations and storyboards for client pitches.
January 2002 - May 2002
Software Skills and Experience
Web and Print Design:
Adobe CSCC, QuarkXpress, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, HTML & CSS, Adobe Acrobat
Other Computer Skills
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
ENewsletter Pro (HTML Email Delivery)
Onyx Production House 10
Summa Cutting Software
Wide Format Printing
2012 Silver Addy Award Winner
2010 - 2013 March of Dimes T-Shirt Design Winner